Hi all... not sure what the etiquette is for wiki's in general. First time trying to contribute, so if I'm doing it wrong please let me know =)
Firstly, has this page already been created? I haven't been able to find it so far. As the page states, my goal is to create a page that lists spells which are powerful when used in conjunction, beyond just general instruction. Instead of "get them wet, then freeze them", list out the specific building of the two spells, how and when to use it, its strengths, and its weaknesses.
I've also been thinking that good video documentation should be present to support the given combination, as well as demonstrate it to folks who might have a harder time visualizing it from the text. Is fraps + youtube the best bet for this? What are the rules on posting youtube videos? How do we give credit?
Secondly, I've actually got a couple questions about formatting too. What priority do the elements come in? Does Lightning ALWAYS appear before arcane? Or for shields/storms/barriers/walls/mines should we always place the first? Frequently the PC KeyCode is different from what i input in the game, but it yields the same result. The keycode may say e-a-a-r-r, but I type a-a-e-r-r because its faster for me. Does that matter when choosing the order to represent the elements?
Thanks! --Kjhansen233 10:57, 14 February 2011 (PST)
- It does not differ in the game but to make the wikipeida in one style here and there, you know it is better to have all keys the same in any page. Also for the shield, it is more sensible to use it at first, then put the other elements after, in the game it does not differ, but here we want to make it easier to read. That is all :)
EDIT1: If you are aiming for a beam, then Arcane or Life first, then the element you want.. EDIT2: Check the priority of Ordering here, 1. Shield 2. Solid 3.Channel 4. Other.. --McLord 11:36, 14 February 2011 (PST)
- Thanks thanks! I'll keep that in mind from now on = ) --Sanyu 11:45, 14 February 2011 (PST)
- E-A-A-R-R seems wrong. The elements in the listed icons are E-A-A-QR-QR (which is Ice instead of Cold elements), which cannot be casted in that order because Ice or Steam must always be casted before Lightning elements, otherwise Lightning will be cancel out by the Water. For this wiki, it is common to almost always put Steam or Frost at the start of any spell first to avoid this mistake, so and . For some more examples, see Category:Walkthrough Xinhuan 11:50, 14 February 2011 (PST)
I added QWER healing glacier spell to the defensive spell combinations, as I find it is the best way to drop a full heal on party members with huge heal values, AoE, and no interaction required (compared to mines)
Remove "Encounter Specific Combinations" section?
The "Encounter Specific Combinations" section should be removed. Individual strategies against specific monsters should be added to the specific monster page instead (for example, Yeti strategy should be added to the Snow Trolls page, Beholder strategy to the Malignant Beholder page). Encounter specific strategies related to a particular boss should be added to the boss specific monster page and/or the Chapter walkthrough info boxes. Encounter specific strategies related to a specific area/scene in Adventure Mode should be added to the walkthrough for that chapter. - Xinhuan 08:58, 26 February 2011 (PST)
- This could be a good idea, however I think we'd need to find a way to keep this information easily available. Like, keep this section, move its contents to monster pages but put here links to the relevant monster pages ? Corpuscule 13:19, 26 February 2011 (PST)
- Sure. Although I think people would go to monster pages directly if they had trouble with a specific monster. This page should be more for "general efficient combinations". Xinhuan 13:49, 26 February 2011 (PST)
- By the way, monsters pages are in a need for ordering. Species are not listed, it's not always easy to find "variations". Eg : there is a "malignant beholder" page but no "Beholder" or "Beholders" page => hard to put the strategies there. For a species, should we use singular or plural ? ^^ I'm having a look at other games wiki to see how it's done there. Corpuscule 07:13, 27 February 2011 (PST)
- Done a bit of work on it. Feel free to comment / improve. Corpuscule 10:48, 27 February 2011 (PST)
- I and arrow decided some time ago that on how we were going to set up the monster pages, but didn't really finish it, we were going to have a species page for each species with 3 or more monsters in it and a misc species page for those with less combined, did some work on it today since you brought it up again. The species pages left to do is undead, human, dwarf and the misc species page. Also need to add more info and move over info from the old single monster pages to the species pages(snow troll for one)--Ket 11:32, 27 February 2011 (PST)
- I'll add monster specific info once all the pages and basic layout are standardized. What subsections does/should each monster have? -- Xinhuan 16:21, 27 February 2011 (PST)
- Glad I could help, even a bit. For subsections, for now, I see : Description and Behavior, Strategies (offense / defense ?), Trivia. Shouldn't we now move this discussion on the Monsters page ? Corpuscule 12:40, 28 February 2011 (PST)